S.E.T.S. (System Efficiency Through Standardization)
S.E.T.S. helps a facility identify the right mix of I.V. administration sets, components and needlestick prevention devices. The overall goal is to help improve safety and operational efficiency through process simplification and I.V. product standardization.
- Decrease variability of set usage and increase I.V. product standardization.
- Identify opportunities for reducing SKU inventory and quantify potential cost savings.
- Identify procedures at risk for needlestick injury and current needle usage.
I.V. therapy practice and product utilization is monitored throughout the facility. Product mix, clinical procedures and protocols, and product usage are analyzed. Data are collected through staff interviews and patient care area observations.
- Comprehensive report detailing current I.V. administration set utilization, practices, and products.
- Projected cost savings from SKU reduction.
- Set of clinical recommendations that align with nationally recognized regulations, standards and guidelines