Smart Pump Utilization Assessment
IV medication delivery requires both thoughtful analysis of equipment use and a well-designed distribution system.
- Assess current use of pumps within a facility.
- Assist in the development of a Master Drug Library (MDL).
- Identify areas to improve efficiency of equipment and resource utilization.
- Establish specific implementation procedures.
- Interview and observe: Collect data from each care area.
- Align: Establish agreement between clinical consultant and facility representative.
- Recommend: Analyze data and provide recommendations on device needs per care area. The following variables are considered when assessing equipment needs at a facility: Number of beds, average daily census, number of patients receiving IV medication, number and type of care areas, typical infusions, current practice, and number of IV lines per patient.
- Customized training based on information collected during the clinical assessment.
- Efficient channel utilization.
- A smart pump-specific implementation process with customized data.