P.O.P. Rx Product Optimization Program
P.O.P. Rx is designed to enhance productivity, minimize waste and facilitate safer parenteral medication delivery practices.
- Evaluate all steps within the I.V. medication system process, including purchasing, storage, preparation, administration and reallocation.
- Identify ways to streamline workflow, improve efficiencies, reduce waste and enhance overall utilization of I.V. medications and premix solutions.
- Optimize the medication dispensing systems currently used.
- Improve processes around I.V. medications and reconstitution devices.
Current operations for the use of I.V. medications and premix nutrition solutions are analyzed. Data are collected through pharmacy staff interviews and pharmacy and patient care area observations.
- A customized action plan based on a detailed analysis of the entire medication use process.
- Strategies for improving overall staff and workflow efficiencies associated with I.V. medication delivery systems.