Vital PREP (I.V. Practice Review and Product Utilization)
To support a facility's goals for reducing CR-BSIs, Vital PREP assesses the facility's current I.V. therapy and infection control practices. Observations made from this assessment lead to valuable insights that can help align a facility's internal processes and product technology.
- Observe current I.V. therapy and infection control practices and product utilization.
- Identify opportunities to reduce I.V. waste in an effort to contain costs.
- Assess care provider's understanding of hospital policy and product utilization for I.V. therapy products.
- Provide targeted recommendations to improve identified practice and product usage gaps.
- Incorporate specific recommendations into staff education during product training.
The facility's I.V. therapy and infection control policies are examined to establish a baseline for the hospital's practice expectations. Data is collected through clinician-to-clinician interviews about and observation of practices and product utilization.
- A report with detailed findings and scores in the areas of infection control, site care and maintenance, and product utilization.
- Benchmarking data from other facilities (unidentified) in the areas of infection control, site care and maintenance, and product utilization, allowing the facility to compare its scores to those of other institutions.